Fall always makes me feel nostalgic. I love everything about it. The turning of the leaves, the crunch of the leaves under my feet, the holidays and family time, the crispness in the air...everything about Fall makes me happy. This year, there has been a death, a birth, and a marriage for starters.
As I stated in my November 2010 blog, "People shouldn't be thankful for things just in the month of November. They should be thankful for something every day that they are alive. With all it's ups and downs, life is still a wonderful thing, and by far, better than the alternative."
- I am thankful that I got to see my daddy one last time before he passed in February. The trip to Texas allowed me to get some things off my chest, to have some questions finally answered, and to tell him how I felt about him and let him know it was okay for him to let go. I am thankful for the family time I had there, the friends who helped make it happen, and for the friends who offered their help and support.
- I am thankful for being here to see my daughter have her first baby, Ariana. I am extremely proud of her and the way she has turned her life around.
- I am thankful for my health. Having Crohn's and not having my medications has been a little rough but I am trying to do what's best for me without having a breakdown.
- I am thankful for my friends. Not just my friends I see on a regular basis, but for those I have been able to reconnect with as well.
- I am thankful for Mr. Husband. He helps keep me sane. He has been more of a rock to me than he could ever know. He is my life, my heart, my everything. I love you Mr. Husband. (I can't forget to mention that without him, some of these stories on here would be nonexistent)
What about you? What are you thankful for this year? I hope each and every one of you have a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!